Hardwood Flooring in Medina, OH
Give your home a classy and timeless look by upgrading to beautiful hardwood flooring. Our showroom in Medina, OH, carries hardwood floors in many colors, species, and styles. Whether you want solid or engineered hardwood, you’ll find many selections at MDG Flooring America. If you aren’t sure which type of hardwood you are looking for, allow us to help you find the best hardwood product for your home. Our team of flooring and design experts can help you find the perfect fit for your home. We’ll assist you by showing you the different hardwood flooring options from our stock so that you can find the ideal flooring that meets your unique needs. We’ll be sure to consider your current decor, tastes, and performance needs. With our team of flooring specialists, you’re sure to find the perfect floors for your home or business!
Solid Vs. Engineered Hardwood
With our extensive buying power, we have a wide variety of hardwood floors available at affordable, budget-friendly prices, including solid and engineered hardwood flooring. No matter your budget for your home remodeling project, you can take advantage of our stock and enjoy stunning new hardwood floors. Learn more about our hardwood selection:
- Solid hardwood flooring is a traditional style of wood floor where each plank is made from a single, solid piece of wood. Each plank is typically ¾ inch thick and made entirely of premium hardwood. Since it’s completely solid throughout, you can often sand and refinish your solid hardwood floors to meet your ever-changing style needs. This eliminates scratches, stains, dents, and other imperfections. While solid hardwood is a beautiful flooring, it can be susceptible to warping in humid or moisture-prone environments. Due to this, we recommend installing your solid hardwood flooring in above-grade and non-moisture-prone rooms. Ensure your home has proper humidity levels through the dry winter months, so planks don’t become brittle and prone to gapping and cracking.
- Engineered hardwood flooring is created from laminate layers. This layered design adds stability and prevents the wood from warping from moisture and humidity exposure. A real hardwood veneer at the surface, meaning engineered and solid hardwood look identical from above. This type of hardwood is more affordable and durable. The only disadvantage to engineered hardwood is you can’t usually sand and refinish as often as solid wood. This depends on the quality and thickness of its top layer.
The Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
Hardwood offers many benefits that help improve the value of your home and the quality of your life. When you purchase hardwood flooring from us, you’re investing in a quality product from some of the industry’s best brands, including Aquadura H2O, Baroque Flooring, Downs, Spotlight Values, Mannington, Mohawk, Shaw Floors, and many more. Learn more about our hardwood flooring selection’s great benefits:
- Enhances the look and feel of your home by adding a touch of elegance.
- Low maintenance and easy to keep clean.
- Adds value to your home.
- Solid and durable, meaning it can last for decades and is an excellent long-term investment.
- Helps improve interior air quality.
- Looks great with any decor style.
- Comes in various appearances, colors, styles, stains, and species.
- Improves acoustics in your space.
Keeping Your Hardwood Floors Like New
It’s important to give your hardwood floors the proper care they need to maintain their like-new shine. You can prolong the life of your hardwood flooring by following a few simple steps:
- Sweep and dry mop regularly.
- Put down rugs on high-impact spots and areas exposed to a lot of foot traffic.
- Maintain moisture levels by installing a humidifier in the winter and a dehumidifier in the summer. This helps prevent the wood planks from warping.
- Damp mop your wood floors with a little soap and water or a wood-specific cleaning solution for a deeper clean.
- If you want your hardwood floors to be extra shiny, you can purchase a wood polish that can be used every 2-4 months.
Professional Hardwood Flooring Installation Services
You can rely on our professionals for your hardwood flooring installation to get the most longevity out of your new floors. We complete each installation with precision and care. Our professional installers have the skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to ensure your hardwood floors are installed correctly. Reach out to our team to learn more about the techniques we use for installing your brand-new, gorgeous hardwood floors.
Walk with confidence on your new hardwood floors. We believe in our team of in-house installers and our products so much that we support your purchase with our Ultimate Confidence Guarantee. This guarantee is our promise to you of a quality installation. If you are unhappy with your new floors, we will replace them at no cost to you within 30 days of installation, providing a product of a similar price. We are committed to helping your design aspirations come to life and will find the hardwood floor to match.
Contact us for more information about our hardwood flooring selection and installation services. We proudly serve customers in Medina, OH, and the surrounding areas.